Thursday, September 6, 2007

Water Baby

Today, I was surprised when Ruby and I had to dash from the car into a store in the rain without an umbrella, it didn't bother her at all. When I told Brian about it tonight, he said that, before I got home from work yesterday, he took Ruby outside while it was drizzling, and she was amazed by the whole experience. It makes sense - the light is different, the smell is different, and of course she loves water.
No cute pics of Ruby in the rain yet. Here's my favorite bath time one so far. At first, she couldn't understand why she couldn't just grab the stream of water like she grabs everything else she reaches out for. Since I figured out how to add pictures - I'm going to add some other swimming ones too.

That's Ruby with her swimming lessons buddy, Cameron. I'm sad to say she already outgrew that swimsuit before the session was even over. As you can tell from the pics - she was barely in it on the day they were taken. Ruby LOVES swimming.

She got to swim twice over the weekend: at her friend Anina's 3rd birthday party and she got to get halfway in the new luxurious blow up pool at our farm during cousin Ben's visit.

The water was ice-cold because it was in the shade. But that did not stop her from wanting to get in.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere. I love these pictures. That one in the baby pool is awesome!